We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not get ripped off (taxis)

Panama City, Panama
1 post
Save Topic
Do not get ripped off (taxis)

It enrages me how many times I hear about people (mostly tourists) getting ripped off by taxis.

If you are taking a taxi, to almost anywhere (as long as it stays inside the city boundaries) It should cost around 4 dollars on average, 5 or 6 dollars if you are travelling with a lot of people or it is farther away than normal (you will be able to tell if you see long high way like roads, for example going to albrook mall). One time I even heard of someone who got charged 100 dollars for a fare from Radisson Decapolis to the historical center of the city, which should not go over 4 or 5 dollars.

A ride from the airport, to almost anywhere in the city should cost around 30-40 dollars.

PS there have been several assaults made to taxi passengers lately. To stay safe, specially at night, try to call cab service.

--Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes I made, I tried to make this quick.--

Bedford, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Do not get ripped off (taxis)

Do you have any thoughts on transporting a party of 10 to and from Tocumen to Ancon Hill. Is 100 a reasonable fee? We will arrive there on Sunday.

Bedford, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Do not get ripped off (taxis)

much appreciated thanks so much

Washington DC
Level Contributor
335 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Do not get ripped off (taxis)

Just returned and had multiple experiences of taxis agreeing on a price and when it came time to make change the price had changed. My suggestions is if possible have the correct amount. - hand it to the driver and get out. If you dont have the correct amount then get the luggage out first before paying. If you have no luggage then sit in the cab and pay Its unlikely they will drive away with you in it.

24. Re: Do not get ripped off (taxis)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:20