We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Current taxi fare Tocumen to Albrook airport?

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
41 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Current taxi fare Tocumen to Albrook airport?

Haven't seen any recent posting on current taxi rates. My Spanish is limited, and I want to try to negotiate the fare if possible, so knowing in advance what to expect will be helpful. Thanks!

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
5,199 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Current taxi fare Tocumen to Albrook airport?

Taxi fare from Tocumen to points in and around the city are set fares. Including tip and tolls, your fare to Albrook should be $35.

What time are you arriving at Tocumen, and when does your flight leave Albrook? I hope you have 2 1/2 to 3 hours between arrival and departure. Traffic between Tocumen and Albrook can get pretty bad.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
41 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Current taxi fare Tocumen to Albrook airport?

Thanks for the update on rates. We get in at 1pm and take AirPanama flight to David at 4pm. Hopefully we will make it. Next time, we plan to stay a few days in Panama City before heading to the highlands. Lot less worry and stress!

Washington DC
Level Contributor
369 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Current taxi fare Tocumen to Albrook airport?

The traffic in PC is not as bad as we were expecting so you should have no problem making your flight. 1 hour to clear customs/immigration and 1 hour to get to Allbrook. The airport is tiny with only a few flights per day.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
17,912 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Current taxi fare Tocumen to Albrook airport?

The traffic can vary considerably from day to day. If a main route gets closed or there is an accident, or if everyone goes out shopping.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
18 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Current taxi fare Tocumen to Albrook airport?

I'm just curious if you made your flight to David. This is exactly the route and time schedule I will be on.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
41 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Current taxi fare Tocumen to Albrook airport?

We actually had plenty of time to spare going to David. . We got our luggage within 15 minutes. We got a taxi as soon as we stepped outside and headed off to Albrook. No traffic at all, but I think we were just lucky! We had to sit around Albrook for quite a while. Unfortunately, our flight was delayed over an hour, we never heard why, which I hear is not at all unusual for AirPanama. We were happy to see our shuttle driver waiting for us in David, even though we were late! Happy travels!

Vancouver
Level Contributor
18 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Current taxi fare Tocumen to Albrook airport?

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

8. Re: Current taxi fare Tocumen to Albrook airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2014, 05:17