We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PC to Boquete - Logistics of getting there...

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
701 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
PC to Boquete - Logistics of getting there...

Hi there,

So we a arriving in PC around 2:30 on a Friday afternoon in Feb and we are headed to Boquete. Seems we have a couple of options:

1. overnight in PC and take a flight Sat am to David, then bus to Boquete - (I think we have to overnight in PC because the last flight to David leaves at 5 so I doubt we have time to make that connection.

2. take the bus to David on Friday and then get to Boquete

my question is....if we take the bus on Friday from PC to David seems that we would arrive in fairly late...midnight or around there assuming we catch a bus around 6pm. Is there a way to get to Boquete at this time of night? What would be the best way to travel to Boquete late at night?

If someone has other suggestions I would be happy to hear them. For example is there somewhere closer worth travelling to on Friday that would be worthwhile to see?

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PC to Boquete - Logistics of getting there...

Personally, I would opt for the slower pace. Chill in PC for the afternoon and then travel to Boquete the next day.

Or, as you are considering, break it up. When driving we have broken the trip up w a stop in Santa Fe. Others here will probably have more stop over suggestions for you too.

Edited: 26 September 2013, 13:52
Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PC to Boquete - Logistics of getting there...

...but given your arrival time, if you try to travel any significant distance it will be at night...why put yourself through that after a travel day. Check into a nice hotel in a good area like Congrejo, stroll around, have a good meal, get some rest and start out fresh the next day.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PC to Boquete - Logistics of getting there...

I would have to agree with spending the night option, maybe somewhere in the Casco Viejo. If you really want to jet, you can take a late bus to David so you don't get there to early in the morning. I know buses leave for Boquete very early but then you have to wait on your hotel etc etc. it takes around 7 hours to get to David so you could take a midnight bus.

Boquete
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PC to Boquete - Logistics of getting there...

If it were me, I would spend the night in PC and then take a morning flight to David. Buses from David to Boquete leave every 20 minutes or so and take about 45 minutes to get into Boquete town. That way you can still have the day.

If you take the bus from PC the next morning, you lose the whole day basically. If you are cost conscious, then take the midnight bus to David (night before)....but then you have a long restless day waiting.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
108 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PC to Boquete - Logistics of getting there...

We went to David a couple years back and flew. In David, rented a car and it was fairly easy. The long bus ride did not appeal to us and there is not a lot to see either at night.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
108 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: PC to Boquete - Logistics of getting there...

We went to David a couple years back and flew. In David, rented a car and it was fairly easy. The long bus ride did not appeal to us and there is not a lot to see either at night.

Willemstad, Curacao
Level Contributor
2,374 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: PC to Boquete - Logistics of getting there...

You can also rent a car in PC drive to El valle de anton and stay there the night and drive the next day to Bouqette. Or stay the night in PC (if you have not seen the Canal you might want to try to see them).

There is also a night bus from PC to David.

If you take a bus and arrive at midnight at David there may not be much options to go to Bouqette. You can stay in a hotel in David. I dont know where you will stay in Bouqette but maybe the hotel there can arrange transport for you in the middle of the night

8. Re: PC to Boquete - Logistics of getting there...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 05:19