We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weekend stay

baltimore
Level Contributor
275 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Weekend stay

Hi - i will be in Panama City in mid-November for business and am thinking about staying the weekend (fly home Monday) to enjoy my first trip to Panama. My wife would fly down thursday night so it will be the 2 of us.

Are there any close by towns that would make a unique weekend stay or should we stay in Panama City and take a day trip tour? We aren't really museum people, we like the outdoors - beaches, national parks, exploring new cities / towns. We enjoy seeing the real side of a place rather than tourist central.

thanks in advance.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weekend stay

Look up El Valle De Anton. It's a cute mountain town 2 1/2 hours out of the city. From there you can easily bus it to an OK pacific beach like Playa Blanca.

2. Re: Weekend stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 October 2013, 18:05
Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weekend stay

Ditto geojack, except I would recommend that you rent a car at Albrook (to avoid driving in the city) and go to El Valle. Driving will take less than 2 hours.

It's a good idea ot have a car in El Valle. There are a couple of nice hiking trails in the mountains and you'll need a car to get to the trailhead. As geojack suggests, you can also drive to a number of nearby beaches. San Carlos and Coronado are fairly decent.

4. Re: Weekend stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 06:22