We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
4 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

We will be arriving in Panama City around 10 pm on December 24th. I had planned on taking a taxi from the airport to our hotel on Via Israel, but now I am afraid that there won't be any taxis that late (esp. on Christams Eve). Should I risk it or set up something with a private company? If private company, which one? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
250 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

Hi, definnely is a big risk! I recommend that you make a Google find with shuttle Panama City, and once of the company that show the finders, use to make a reservation in advance. The normal rate is $30 from the airport, for sure for that date is expensive. So think in a plan b to rent a economy car and pay $45 for 24 hours and you will have a save transportation for your arrival.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

try the people at bocasfrog@yahoo.com

It is the company my family uses whenever they come to town.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

AND... Unless you have previous experience driving in Panama City, I would NOT suggest renting a car from the airport. Driving around the city is very difficult to begin with. Driving around Christmas eve surrounded by thousands of street fireworks could be downright dangerous.

4. Re: Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 00:35
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

The difference is I do not own, work for, or have any vested interest in this company. I have used them with satisfaction in the past as many people I know have. Do you understand the difference? You are here to promote your company..... Get it?

And BTW, I hope you have more experienced people working for you as the advice you give is very generic and much of the time just plain wrong.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
250 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

Hi globe... like my self suggest before: rent a car, "normal" people like you and me, can drive easy from the airport to the city (20 min), is very easy with or without fireworks. Have a nice trip and don't take a risk, specially with ghost transport companies.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

The service I suggested has been in business for at least 14 years and has never failed me once. If you really think it is a good idea to drive around Panama City without prior experience then I suggest you search this forum for other posts on this topic. A GPS will not help and if you are in a fender bender the authorities can take hours to show up and it is the law that you wait. Not only will there be tons of fireworks but lots of drunk drivers.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

Hi

It a a day that airport is so full of people.and maybe at 10 pm the peoeple comes your houses. Its bettet you look for option for you transport.

Bye from Panama

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,714 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

There will be taxis, there are always taxis, no matter what time you get in or what day, drivers know when planes get in, it is a lucrative route.

Do not even think about renting a car if it is your first trip to PC, no reason to have a car within PC.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,592 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from airport to hotel on Christmas Eve

I drive around the city a fair amount and I certainly would not recommend anyone to make their first experience driving here at night. A lot of signs are poorly lit for one. As mentioned even less so if many other driverss are likely to have beendrinking.