We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
18 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis

I have read all the forum posts re taxis but the latest was a year old. Arriving week after next, can anyone tell me what the price should be for taxi from airport to city, from city to Gamboa and from Gamboa to ElValle? I saw a post recommending a local person with a bus, is he still around and does he charge reasonable prices? Any help appreciated.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Taxis

Well, I think some people may want to know and have the option, not everybody wants to rent a car. Taking a bus is another good option for other budgets. And BTW, a cab ride to El Valle at $130 is a very good price in my opinion. I agree that it´s nice to have a car in El Valle, but to each...

Dana Point...
7 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Taxis

How is the bus service in Panama? Costs? Can you get from Panama City to : Rain Forest; Gamboa: Colon. Time travel between?

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,472 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Taxis

There is bus service to Colón. But, the bus station is in a particularly bad part of town. Actually, Colón is a bad part of town unless you're going directly to the ship terminal. Express busses from Panama City take a little under an hour and a half.

Another good way to get to Colón is by the train. It runs on weekdays only at 7:15am. The return trip is at 5:15pm. You can get taxis at the station in Colón.

I am not aware of any bus service to Gamboa. But, that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Perhaps someone else will chime in with more information.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Taxis

I just got the confirmation the price to el Valle by Taxi both ways is 175usd on the same day and one way is 115usd for two people. Car rental costs around usd 60/day.

Kenyon, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1 post
205 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Taxis

I certainly agree and highly recommend Jose Saenz for transportation in Panama City. I had prearranged for him to pick 6 of us up at the PTY airport on Feb. 11, 2014. We were starting a Caravan Tour the next day but because of plane schedules from Minnesota we would be getting in around 10:30 p.m. and I didn't want to deal with a taxi at that hour. Our plane was delayed almost 5 hours in Atlanta, GA, so we arrived at the Panama City airport (PTY) at 3:30 a.m.!! I did not expect to see him there waiting for us, BUT THERE HE WAS HOLDING A SIGN WITH MY NAME ON IT. We were so thankful. He had watched our flight number and knew we were going to be very late. What service!! Believe me, he got a nice tip. I know he does tours also, although, ours were all with Caravan, I would not think twice about booking with him.

Panama City, Panama
5 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Taxis

I think the price you paid daisynook2, is the right to go to the Valley because they are 129 kms from Panama, unless you want to go in yellow taxis that are not confortable.. but as gb_williams having a rent car will give you freedom to go anywhere... It will depend of what your preferences are.

Irvine, California
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: Taxis

I've also gone through quite a few posts but need help. The hotel I'm staying with wrote me back to say " the airport has a shuttle that runs 24h and costs $11". Feel like that would have been mentioned somewhere if it were true? I'm a single traveler.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,472 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Taxis

Which hotel is this?

Castle Rock...
Level Contributor
72 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Taxis

Jose Saenz was also our driver he picked us up at Allbrook airport and took us to breakfast then to a personally guided tour of the Miraflores locks, then we fed the fish out on the Amador causeway, it was fun! We went up Anton hill then through the streets of Casco Viejo. He is an excellent driver and knows the history of Panama his English is excellent. The next morning we had to be picked up at 6:00 am to go home he was right on time and got us safely to Toucamen Airport. I would like to recommend Jose to anyone contemplating taxi rides. It saves the hassle of bargaining the prices before you get in the taxi and also scary rides in unsafe taxis. His email address is bocasfrog@yahoo.com.

20. Re: Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 12:37