We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel /location advice

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Hotel /location advice

Allô

I am interested in a hotel where I can walk to everything and. I can get the RIU or the El Panama for roughly the same price. Which one would be a better choice? Keeping in mind location and hotel quality and swimming pool? Thank you very much

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,026 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel /location advice

What do you mean "walk to everything" - what things do you want to walk to ?

The Panama is in El Cangrejo and is close to a lot of restaurants.

The Riu is right on Calle 50 - about a kilometre from Calle Uruguay or across Calle 50 and a short walk to various restaurants between there and Via Espana - but I have no idea how easy it is to cross Calle 50 (5 lanes of solid traffic).

If you are wanting to go anywhere by taxi, be aware that the area by the Riu can get badly gridlocked. The main road in front of the Panama, too - but there are probably more options there.

I don't know what the hotels are like themselves.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 16:10
2. Re: Hotel /location advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:18