We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baggage: Panama City to Bocas

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
626 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Baggage: Panama City to Bocas

Please, we need clarification! Panama City to Bocas, and return.

Different sites say different lbs.... What is the allowance? for checked? 25 or 30 or 35 lbs? For carry-on: 5? or 10?

I also read a camera bag we can bring as an "extra"...????

Considering the flights are about $225 pp (return), and the charge is about $4/kilo for overweight? Does that sound right?

thx!

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baggage: Panama City to Bocas

When I last flew to Bocas, the checked baggage weight was 35 lbs. Carry on limit is 7 1/2 lbs for ONE, SMALL carry on -- a purse, a satchel, etc. The overhead is very shallow and most camera bags won't fit. If it doesn't fit there or under a dinky seat, it will have to be checked. Be prepared.

As for overweight, if I remember correctly I paid about $10 for my 50 lb. dive bag.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
626 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baggage: Panama City to Bocas

Thanks very much, we've been going with 30 lbs. each and a 5 lb. carry-on, plus 1 camera bag, so I hope we'll be ok with those! Thanks.

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baggage: Panama City to Bocas

hi Im off toPanama for Xmas and flying from panama city to bocas in a few weeks, very worried about luggage as i have 2 teenagers who dont travel light. Can you confirm if its possible to add an extra bag or weight in advance , my fare says £4 per kilo extra weight and 14 kg for checked baggage and 4 kg for hand baggage

4. Re: Baggage: Panama City to Bocas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2015, 18:18