We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter Week/Weekend 2014

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
K D
Aruba
1 post
Save Topic
Easter Week/Weekend 2014

Hello!

My family and I are looking at taking a short trip to Panama City over Easter Week/Weekend (Wednesday April 16-Sunday April 20). I keep reading about how Panama City basically shuts down from Thursday to Sunday. Is this true? No alcohol even at a restaurant for dinner? Are any tours or museums open? We are traveling with a 1 year old so need for partying just want to have a nice relaxing weekend but still want to explore.

Also, any suggestions on festivals/parades to see during this weekend is greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

chitre
Level Contributor
145 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter Week/Weekend 2014

Pese has a Passion Play,depicting the last days of Jesus Christ with over 100 actors ,special effects all during Holy Week. Its very memorable

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,026 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter Week/Weekend 2014

I was in Panama City last Easter and I don't recall anything particular.

K D
Aruba
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Easter Week/Weekend 2014

So overall, it wouldn't be a ghost town? I mean tours are still running and we can have a drink at dinner?

@Mike thank you for the suggestion!

Virginia Beach...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Easter Week/Weekend 2014

I'm from Panama also going to visit for Easter the city doesn't completely shuts down but there is not school and government employees are off Thursday and Friday but malls, restaurants etc still open there is no alcohol sale from Friday til midnight , Panama is a big tourist destinations this day so you will still find lots to do but we do take that weekend seriously to reflect specially Friday you can feel everything kind of quite most locals go to interior of country to visit family and participate in traditions but you and family should still be able to have fun and a relaxing time , safe trip , enjoy Panama

5. Re: Easter Week/Weekend 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 March 2014, 10:02
Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Easter Week/Weekend 2014

What best activity would you recommend for Good Friday in Panama City panama , I'm flying in a day before my cruise and I have the afternoon free and also have a rental car .

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
2 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easter Week/Weekend 2014

thank you for tour answer oshygirl!

I needed that info too!

8. Re: Easter Week/Weekend 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 April 2015, 05:15