We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving 2:30 am, taking 5:30 bus to David

Which Panama City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Fort Myers, Florida
9 posts
Save Topic
Arriving 2:30 am, taking 5:30 bus to David

In a few weeks, we will be arriving in Panama City at 2:30. We then want to get on the earliest bus to David, which I believe is at 5:30. Any suggestions on what to do for those few hours? Are there places to sleep in the airport? Would it be best to stay in the airport until it is time to take a taxi to the bus terminal? Or is the bus terminal safe enough at that hour to just go straight htere and hang out until the bus leaves? Also, how early should we need to arrive for the bus?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving 2:30 am, taking 5:30 bus to David

The bus station is safe although I dont know if any places to eat and such will be open. You should be there 1/2 hour earlier to get a ticket for the bus. Although there are places in Panama City that are 24 hours you might as well go and wait for your bus because it will take you around 40 minutes to get through customs and then the ride into the city.

Camas, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving 2:30 am, taking 5:30 bus to David

We did this trip two months ago, and I would suggest that you get through customs at the airport, hail a taxi from there to the bus terminal since it is at least a half hour ride and about $30 in taxi fare to get to the terminal. The terminal is well appoint with a food court and shopping, much like a covered shopping mall, and you should go to the ticket window to get your bus tickets to David. The buses are big two level seating, clean, air-conditioned, comfortable and moderately priced, but make sure you get ticket with the major carrier and get seats upstairs, down-stairs can be cramped and no decent view. If you have luggage, get in line right away to have it stowed by an attendant - and get a receipt. There are several stops along the way to David at major towns to stretch your legs, buy a snack or use the station bathrooms. Often Panama buses don't ticket you before boarding for expediency, instead you may get a scribbled bus pass with seat assignment and later on the bus ride an attendant comes around collecting bus fare and give you a receipt. You can sleep or sight-see along the way, the Inter-Americana is fairly good road and the drivers are good and cautious on the road.

Fort Myers, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving 2:30 am, taking 5:30 bus to David

Thanks for your help! I just realized our flight arrives at 1:20, not at 2:30 like I thought. I have read from other traveler's reviews that there is a bus that leaves at 3 am from PC to David, but I don't see that time listed on any of the webpages with schedules. Anyone know if there is a 3 am bus?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving 2:30 am, taking 5:30 bus to David

Yes there is and any webpage with bus times is only to get a rough idea, don't plan your trip by them at all.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 00:10
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
13,256 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving 2:30 am, taking 5:30 bus to David

Though plane landing times can bé fairly approximate, too.

6. Re: Arriving 2:30 am, taking 5:30 bus to David

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 05:17