We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi extra passenger fees?

Laurel, MD
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi extra passenger fees?

If we got a taxi van from PTY airport to our hotel, how much extra is it per person (on top of the basic rate)? (I've gotten two conflicting pieces of information so I want to double check.) Thanks for any clarification you can give me!

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi extra passenger fees?

According to the previous "Escuema de las Zonas del Trabajo del Servicio de los Taxis" an additional passenger is $.40. I understand the rate has gone up to $.50.

Laurel, MD
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi extra passenger fees?

Thanks again for your help and citing that source, GB! I had asked our hotel if they had a shuttle, and was told no, but the taxi ride was $30 PER PERSON. I thought that couldn't be right, but thought I'd better confirm.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi extra passenger fees?

Another reason why you should never let the hotel taxi wranglers arrange taxis for you. They get big kickbacks from the taxis. Go across the street or down the block from your hotel and get a taxi on the street. Be sure to get a price for your destination before you get in. If you don't like the price, counter offer and if you still don't like it, wave him off.

The price from Tocumen to El Cangrejo is $30 ... including the additional person, the tip and the tolls on Corredor Sur. If your taxi takes a route (Tumba Muerto) that doesn't have toll booths, give him $25. If you're going beyond El Cangrejo to Albrook, Balboa or Amador, the fare is $35.

Laurel, MD
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi extra passenger fees?

GB, Yes -- good reminder.

Is the Country Inn and Suites on Blvd El Dorado Calle 23 1/2B N. in El Cangrejo?

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
14,319 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi extra passenger fees?

No, El Dorado is further than El Cangrejo.

I hope you got a good price as I would not recommend to stay in that area - out of the way and hard to get anywhere.

6. Re: Taxi extra passenger fees?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2015, 06:15