We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Location question?

Toronto
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Topic
Location question?

This is my first time traveling to Panama and I am very unsure as to where to stay. I would like to go on the Jungle Land Panama tour (am open to any other suggestions) and my travel agent has recommended some resorts in Playa Blanca. How far apart are these two places?

My husband and I are all inclusive ppl can you recommend the best location to stay in. I would love to see wild life and a tropical surrounding. We usually go to Dominican Republic but I would really like to see some other parts of the world. I am open to any suggestions :)

Many Thanks,

Rebecca

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,746 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Location question?

Jungle Land is at Gamboa, about halfway between the Pacific and the Caribbean. Playa Blanca and the AIs are about 2 1/2 hours away by car. If you want an AI, you might check out Gamboa Rain Forest Resort. it is at Gamboa, on the bank of the Chagres River, where it flows into the Canal. They also have tours of Lake Gatun and the nearby jungle. The Pipeline Trail is nearby, which is well known for bird watching.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
250 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Location question?

Hi Rebeca, best AI hotels location are on the pacific side like Sheraton, Decameron, Playa Blanca, Riu and Wyndham. You have just half hour drive from Playa Blanca resorts area to rain forest located at the beautiful town of Anton Valley.

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,746 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Location question?

But, the AI's on the Pacific are still 2 1/2 hours (at least) by car from Jungle Land, Gamboa and Gatun, isn't that right, Manuel?

If you are looking for jungle, you can wake up to jungle at Gamboa. You can't do that at any of the AIs on the Pacific. The AIs on the Pacific look just like any AIs in Jamaica or Cancun or wherever. You might as well book a room in Orlando.

What Manuel is referring to is El Valle de Anton, AKA El Valle. It's 30 minutes to an hour away, depending on your AI.

4. Re: Location question?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 06:17