We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apples - a farm? apple dumplings?

Which Auburn hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
apples - a farm? apple dumplings?

A friend mentioned stopping at an apple farm/orchard (she thought near Auburn)and having delicious do-nuts and dreamy apple dumplings with ice cream and warm vanilla sauce. Any idea if this heaven on earth is actually in the Auburn area?

When are apples harvested? We'll be in Maine the 2nd and 3 weeks in October. Thanks

Southern Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
Level Contributor
3,638 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apples - a farm? apple dumplings?

Great timing on your part - I was just going through back issues of magazines for recycling, and my AAA magazine had an article about Maine's apple orchards. Here's a web site for you to check:

http://maineapples.org/

From the sounds of it, there may be more than one spot in the Auburn area that has what you asked about.

Houston
Level Contributor
1,233 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apples - a farm? apple dumplings?

Thank you so very much!

Maine
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: apples - a farm? apple dumplings?

Meme,

The place you are talking about is Wallingford's Fruit House on Perkins Ridge Rd in Auburn.

They have fabulous apple dumplings and the vanilla sauce is truly a must! You can even pick your own apples so I think early Oct is still a good time to go.

4. Re: apples - a farm? apple dumplings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 10:17
Get answers to your questions about Auburn