We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurants in Aberdeen near Ripken?

Which Aberdeen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Topic
Best restaurants in Aberdeen near Ripken?

Hi, we're traveling soon for a weekend tournament at Ripken. Could anyone recommend the best restaurants to eat in around the area? We don't mind driving a bit to reach a good place. Thanks.

6 replies to this topic
Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,417 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best restaurants in Aberdeen near Ripken?

Not much in Aberdeen for the culinary world except maybe Mamie's. Havre de Grace has a number of nice places about 10 minutes north.

tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g41187-Havre_de_…

Edited: 29 October 2013, 20:13
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best restaurants in Aberdeen near Ripken?

also, check out the restaurants in Bel Air, MD. Number of good pub type places on Main St.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
146 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best restaurants in Aberdeen near Ripken?

Mamie's and the Olive Tree are probably the best bets in Aberdeen proper.

Havre de Grace is a cute old town north of Aberdeen, and it has some quality places. The Laurrapin Grille is a favorite of mine (especially for lunch) and would be a good choice there, and there are other good options. Bill Bateman's is a local chain, and they have a location between Aberdeen and Havre de Grace. That might be a good option if you have kids along.

Bel Air is a little further away and has some decent options too. If you are looking for something slightly out of the ordinary, check out Broom's Bloom Dairy (which is closer to Aberdeen than the options in Bel Air proper). It's the highest rated Bel Air restaurant on TripAdvisor and is located adjacent to a farm, and they have soups, sandwiches, homemade ice cream, etc. I ate there last week for the first time and was pleasantly surprised.

Grasonville...
Level Contributor
327 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best restaurants in Aberdeen near Ripken?

My mother likes Mamie's and goes all the time. For anything real nice you will need to drive the few miles to Havre de Grace.

New Windsor, NY
Level Contributor
2,805 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best restaurants in Aberdeen near Ripken?

Which area is better to stay in for Ripken? Aberdeen or Bel Air?

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best restaurants in Aberdeen near Ripken?

I would recommend you check the hotels off of exit 80 at 543. This is between Aberdeen and Bel Air. I particularly like the Country Inn and Suites brand.

Reply to: Best restaurants in Aberdeen near Ripken?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aberdeen