We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants???

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants???

Hi - I posted here about two months ago. Our son will be attending the Naval Academy for football camp. We will be arriving on Saturday June 21 and leaving on Wednesday the 25th. Our son will be staying with us for the first night and then off to camp. We are making it a mini vacation since this is his first time away for several days. He is 10. Our family loves seafood just wondering if you could recommend any good restaurants for lunch or dinner. Hopefully, since he will be with us for the first night we could go somewhere nice. We will also have our 7 year old daughter with us. Our 10 year old loves food and has a very good appetite (loves lobster or any expensive seafood) That was our mistake when we went to Maine a few years ago. Anyway, if you could also recommend some restaurants for lunch when we will have our daughter. Something overlooking the boats would be great where maybe we could also get a glass of wine or a beer. Thanks for any suggestions. Sorry this is so long. We will be staying at the Springhill Suites with two other families from his last year team.

U.S. Naval Academy
Military Bases & Facilities, Military Museums
Historic Annapolis
Scenic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Maryland State House
Government Buildings, Historic Sites
Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants???

Do I recall from your earlier post, that you will not have a car? That might make a difference. Also, not sure of your price range, but I'll make a few suggestions. For waterfront dining, I like the Chart House. I don't think it's a spectacular dining experience, but it is one of only a few that are on the water. A Beautiful view can be had from the Severn Inn - which is directly across the Severn from the Naval Academy - very pricey. I've never been there, but i've been tempted. Another waterfront option is Pusser's at the Marriott - probably the best option for your family - moderate prices, right on Ego Alley. This would be a good option for lunch, as well as any of the restaurants along and around the market house and ego alley. Do check into Chick and Ruth's - an annapolis tradition, up main street a bit on the left. Not at all fancy, but very fun - epecially if you get there when the family magician is making the rounds - AND they serve beer and wine.

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants???

Oh, I forgot to mention - Spring Hill Suites, I think is along Rive Road - in that area, I really like Les Folies. There is something on their menu for everyone, but their French fare is really worthwhile.

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants???

Thank you! We will be driving from Pennsylvania so we will have a car. Thanks again for your suggestions.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
53,536 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants???

Having a car frees you up from being limited to the places in downtown Annapolis. From your hotel you can head south on Riva Road and hit Mike's Crab House for a nice lunch, casual joint with seating on the deck.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
132 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants???

Hi, I am a visitor to Annapolis and cannot give great directions so maybe a local can jump in here. I visit my son and have eaten in a few places. Jerry's Seafood is a new place on West Street, expensive, try the crab bomb, roof top dinning which was pretty neat. Pussers at the Marriot has waterfront dining and is a nice place (even with kids)to sit around with a few beers. I also liked Cantlers, a bit out of town, but on the water with long tables and lots of diners. Crack open the crabs and wash them down with cold beer. Oh, yea, the Boat Yard is also good. Almost forgot - great pizza can be had at Mangia's!! Enjoy your time, Annapolis is a great place. Sorry I can't give directions but I'm sure if you are interested in any of the places someone at the hotel can help you.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
Level Contributor
634 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants???

Kenko - Good advice for an out of towner ...

I agree with most everything posted so far ... particularly Mike's (given the location of your hotel it would bb convenient and it is a cool place for lunch ... we go there on the boat often).

Puser's has the best waterfront location in downtown Annapolis. The food is fair and a bit overpriced for the quality, but it is right on the water and nice place to have a drink.

There are a couple of tourist traps that I usually tell people to avoid (Buddy's and Phillip's), but otherwise there are a number of decent places in downtown Annapolis to get a drink and lunch. (Peronally, I am not a fan of Chick and Ruths - it seems most people have a love or hate feeling about the place, but it is unique). There couple have outside non-water front dining in the rear of the buildings including Sly Fox and Ram's Head (others have tables in front on the street but I do not like the foot traffic going by).

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
708 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants???

Thanks for all your suggestions. I am sure we will try a few of the places that are posted. It will be nice since our hotel includes breakfast and our expensive eating son will be at camp enjoying the food there. We will also be watching him play football during the day or night sessions. We are excited since we have not been to Annapolis and we hear the campus alone is great. Thanks again for all your input.

8. Re: Restaurants???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 08:18