We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation between Annapolis and Baltimore

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation between Annapolis and Baltimore

I was hoping someone could help me out regarding public transportation between Annapolis and Baltimore. We are flying into BWI and going to Annapolis for a couple days and then plan on heading to Baltimore. We will not have a car, so is taxi our best option? or are there train, bus, or shuttle options too?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,203 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation between Annapolis and Baltimore

There is no great way to commute between these cities. Please write a letter to the Governor because there should be one.

Here is a paragraph from the hometownannopolis.com page

"In and out of Town

The Maryland Mass Transit Administration operates many bus routes and light rail in northern Anne Arundel County, as well as a route from Baltimore to Annapolis (Bus 14) and commuter routes from North Beach/Huntingtown to Washington (904)."

May want to look into a limo service which may be cheaper or at least no more expensive than a cab.

Another option is Greyhound.

greyhound.com/home/ticketcenter/en/Step3.asp

Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation between Annapolis and Baltimore

I live in Annapolis and have used the Super Shuttle several times for commuting from BWI to Annapolis. www.supershuttle.com and 1-800-258-3826. Aside from a taxi this is the best way to get to and from the airport from Annapolis. Shuttle is cheaper though don't know the going rates. Taxi's averaged $50 but that was several years ago.

Unfortunately, public transportation is severely lacking between Maryland's Captial and both Baltimore and Washington DC. You might get there but it would take you half a day and it is not worth your time and money not to mention the inconvenience of schlepping bags on a city bus. Bad idea.

Also, check with your hotel to see if they are willing to pick you up. Super Shuttle terminals are located at baggage claim #1(Southwest Airlines) and baggage claim #10 both on lower level at BWI.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,203 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation between Annapolis and Baltimore

6tareg

I have never used Greyhound but it says it makes the trip in 30 minutes but there are not many buses. I don't know how they can do it in 30 minutes but even if it is an hour, that is not bad timing if it works for the OP.

Beaufort, South...
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
365 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation between Annapolis and Baltimore

Neslaw- I didn't mean to imply that Greyhound was not a good option as I don't consider it to be a "local bus service". There have been postings before that informed travelers how to make connections and such using just the local county/city run buses, not the national service bus like Greyhound. The complexity and timing of using the local service would make even a seasoned traveler growl. I should have been more specific in my post.

5. Re: Transportation between Annapolis and Baltimore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2010, 05:16