We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Offsite parking for Navy Football

Which Annapolis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Monroeville...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Offsite parking for Navy Football

For a 1 pm kickoff, what time should I arrive at Truman park and Ride and be reasonably assured of a space? I was thinking 11 might be appropriate.

If that doesn't work, I noticed alternatives are posted in downtown Annapolis, but it seems you have to walk across a highway bridge to get to the stadium. Is that safe? Are there other alternatives other than Germantown Elementary?

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
316 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Offsite parking for Navy Football

It's not a highway bridge, it's a 4 lane divided road. There are pedestrian walkways protected from traffic on the bridge. It's an easy walk.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
382 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Offsite parking for Navy Football

Is there a reason you don't want to park at Germantown Elementary? It's very convenient. I assume you are looking for free parking but really, parking all the way over at Truman Park and Ride is not very convenient. It's easily 15 minutes away, not counting game day traffic. I highly doubt that the lot will fill up on game day.

You can also park in the Bladen Street garage, which is free on the weekends (little known "secret" that Annapolis does not do a good job publicizing). It is about a mile walk and the bridge you cross is just a slightly elevated roadway across College Creek - there are wide sidewalks on either side. I run across it several times a week. You could also park over at MD Hall for the Creative Arts for free and walk - again, about a mile, maybe less. There are sidewalks the entire way.

Grasonville...
Level Contributor
316 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Offsite parking for Navy Football

My sister always parks at Truman and has no issues. I park on the academy and walk, you need IDs to do this.

Annapolis, Maryland
Level Contributor
316 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Offsite parking for Navy Football

You can also park at nearby Calvary United Methodist Church; there is a fee but it goes to support good causes.

5. Re: Offsite parking for Navy Football

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 05:17