We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Place to stay family of 4

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Place to stay family of 4

Searched TA, not much available.

Any ideas?

Need to be close to Blue Hills Road.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Place to stay family of 4

Hey!!!!

I can't beleive I posted this 8 months ago and I am still at the top....come on you Amherstians!

We stayed at the Emily B & B 2 b/R, old(like everything in Amherst, part of the charm) but nice.

Cheap at $110 per night. Nice quiet and close to downtown and family we visited.

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
2,091 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Place to stay family of 4

Glad you found the town charming. Did you make it to Northampton as well?

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
416 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Place to stay family of 4

Yes, we were visiting family in Amherst, but went to Northampton for a few hours before driving onto NYC.

It was a very charming place, love the architecture and quaint little shops (none of those bargain basement chain stores). You have LOTS of churches!

Had a great hamburger, nice REAL burger on the corner in mainstreet.

I am dreaming that these places are the REAL AMerican cultural experience, and not those other touristy cities we saw in our travels.

Well worth the trip.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,150 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Place to stay family of 4

That is great to hear & also to learn about your B&B - there doesn't seem to be a lot of postings here abour Western Mass, outside of the Berkshires. Anyone who has visited the Amherst/Northampton area (and the thousands of Mass. citizens who have graduated from one the outstanding colleges there) knows that it is a little slice of heaven.

Enfield, Connecticut
Level Contributor
175 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Place to stay family of 4

Agree, there is a lot to do here with places to visit and restaurants to try.

6. Re: Place to stay family of 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2010, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Amherst
More Amherst Topics