We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas island and Keeling Island

Oslo
Level Contributor
6 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas island and Keeling Island

Hi,

I have googled and read trough a lot of the forum.. And checked out a lot of the links... But.. Do anyone have any updates on the whole christmas island thing ? I would like to get there from Singapore, but I having a hard time figuring out the tickets.. As of now Im just going to fly down to Perth and do the plane from there - but on my way to Perth Im stopping in Singapore, so it would be so much easier if I could just go directly from there... (talking about the indian ocean christmas island).

So, anyone got any updates on this ? :)

15 replies to this topic
Christmas Island
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Christmas island and Keeling Island

Hi Ozrcflyer

The flight from Jakarta is not bookable via online channels :-( - it is a once weekly charter service to the Island, and bookings are only available via travel agents - a listing of travel agents who can help with Christmas Island flight bookings are also listed on the Tourism Association flights page, or you can call Christmas Island Air directly on Christmas Island on +61 8 9164 7096

Virgin flights via Perth are bookable online, and a flight widget is available on the Tourism Association flights page. Good luck ...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
19 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Christmas island and Keeling Island

Well I thought that Ozrcflyers post was very amusing.

13. Re: Christmas island and Keeling Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 24 June 2014, 04:44

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12,523 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Christmas island and Keeling Island

I don't understand why anyone finds this conversation amusing >1000 people have died trying to make that trip. I'm sure neither they nor their families thought it was a frivolous journey.

Yes I understand some people may want to go there because by all accounts it is an interesting tourist destination but making jokes about boat people is in very bad taste IMO.

In any case the OP is >6 months old.

Geelong...
Destination Expert
for Geelong, Great Ocean Road
Level Contributor
5,874 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Christmas island and Keeling Island

Oops my apologies done without thinking #13 removed.

Reply to: Christmas island and Keeling Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Christmas Island
More Christmas Island Topics