We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Distance Buses in Macedonia

Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Long Distance Buses in Macedonia

Just used a few buses on our trip in Macedonia. Whilst there are a few posts I thought it might be useful to provide an update:

Skopje to Ohrid cost 450 denar

Ohrid to Bitola cost 220 denar.

Bitola to Skopje cost 450 denar.

Around 75 denar to a £ at the time of writing.

There is a timetable published in the Brandt guide. In practice there are a number of other buses available, so do not stick to the timetable that is published in that book. None of the buses were even close to being half full so I wouldnt worry about pre booking. Each booking office spoke sufficient English and buying tickets was really straight forward. Finally, for some reason all of the bus stations are a fair walk from the town centre, usually a 20 min walk. We didnt take a taxi but if you dont fancy the walk then there are plenty available!

I dont have a timetable and am aware of one published on a Macedonian website (which i found largely unintelligible), but I do have a list of times between Bitola and Skopje and vice versa if anyone is interested.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Republic of Macedonia, Skopje
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Distance Buses in Macedonia

Thanks for the update! Very useful.

2. Re: Long Distance Buses in Macedonia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 14:15
Get answers to your questions about Republic of Macedonia