We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Japanese steakhouse recs.

West Coast of FL
1 post
Save Topic
Japanese steakhouse recs.

Hi,

Do you know of any great Japanese steakhouse restaurants in Andover or surrounding cities?

Please rate your choices on:

*Food

*Chef's personality (flare, style, etc.)

*Price

*Atmosphere

Thanks!

Cambridge, MA
Level Contributor
791 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Japanese steakhouse recs.

The "Japanese steakhouse" fad went out with the '80s around here. In Greater Boston, the nearest one to Andover (45 minutes' or more drive) is Bisuteki in Revere. Cambridge's Radisson houses the other Bisuteki, and as far as I know they are "it" since Benihana in the Boston theater district closed.

All that I know about Bisuteki is secondhand information from people who've been to the Cambridge location. It's always been praised for good food and - of course - interesting "presentation."

New England
Level Contributor
7 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Japanese steakhouse recs.

We have Tokoyo Japanese Steakhouse, Rt. 28 in Salem, NH. It is just 5-10 minutes north on I 93 from Andover, MA. Although I consider the meal a little expensive, you are paying for the entertaining ways of the chef. I am not a big fan of this style of dining, so don't go often. Avg. price of a meal was $20-25pp. Restaurant is only a few years old in a strip mall near Home Depot and Chili's across from Best Buy. No Atmosphere to note. Chef was great with children at our table.

hachi7
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Japanese steakhouse recs.

Hello,

There is a new Japanese steakhouse called "Nana" in North Billerica on route 3A in the Treble Cove Plaza. EXCELLENT food and very nice staff. We have tried it twice, once for the hibachi, and had a nice show as well as dinner! The second time we had sushi and it too was excellent. They also have private rooms with TV and Japanese style kohatsu seating. Hope you try this place and hope they do well.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
6,426 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Japanese steakhouse recs.

Original post was made in 2005. Interesting that there is a response in 2008.

Boston...
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Japanese steakhouse recs.

Kikuyama steak house in Dedham massachusetts is really good. Nice and clean and if you can ask for Hunter (if he's still there) he is great entertainment!

6. Re: Japanese steakhouse recs.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 17:16
Get answers to your questions about Andover