We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skopje to tirana

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
354 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Skopje to tirana

hi I am planning on visiting skopje in may and would like to see ohrid too and return home via tirana-pristina is this possible by public transport?

I cannot find bus times skopje-tirana or ohrid to tirana

any help would be appreciated

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Republic of Macedonia, Skopje
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skopje to tirana

Bus from Skopje to Tirana goes from stad #1 at Skopje bus station at 19.00.

Also twice daily there is an bus from Tetovo to Tirana via Debar,Struga,Elbasan to Tirane.

Tetovo is about 40km east of Skopje and there are buses every hour.

If you are in Ohrid, than take local bus to Struga or taxi (won't cost you more than €5 for 14km) and get on the bus to Tirane.

The morning one is around 11am and evening one is arround 6pm.

You can contact Struga bus station for more info. on : +389 46 780 770

I hope this gives you more info.

Have happy & safe travels.

Edited: 13 March 2011, 12:11
tipperary
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skopje to tirana

Thankyou so much for your detailed reply it has helped so much. I will fly into skopje in june with Wizzair, take in Pristina on a day trip and have at least a full day in Ohrid and maybe 2 before using your suggestion to get to see a bit of Albania and then direct bus back from Tirana to Skopje and Wizzair back to Luton! should be great.

London
Level Contributor
115 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skopje to tirana

There is a daily bus from Skopje to Tirana. I think it leaves Skopje at about 9am and goes via Struga (1230) to Elbasan (1430) to Durres (1600) then Tirana (1700). The fair is 20 euros, and the bus company is called Hak Bus, and I am fairly sure you can just buy the ticket at the bus station in Skopje.

Durres, Albania
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Skopje to tirana

I would recommend the trip from Ohrid to Struga and then to Albania. Ohrid is a pleasant town worth a day or two and give Struga a couple of hours as it isn't visited that often but has a sweet little river through the centre of the city and as it's nearly summer there will probably some local kids jumping off the bridge and floating down the river, which is quite entertaining. There are also some establishments just out of the main part of town that have decks over the water which are nice for a relaxing lay in the sun with a beer looking out to the lake and surrounded by reeds. Accomodation is super cheap in Struga and it's easy enough approaching private rooms advertised everywhere. We find in Ohrid its better to book in advance especially for the old town.

Another option would be to cross the border between Struga and Albania or on the other side of the lake, as it's quite a different vibe and environment on the Albanian side and there are lots of direct buses to Tirana that will take 2-3 hours.

Skopje
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skopje to tirana

Where do you plan to stay while you are in Macedonia. Maybe I can help you with that?

Copenhagen, Denmark
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Skopje to tirana

Hi Saseko Im also planning my trip to Sarajevo..im alone and im looking for 1 night host..could you help me with that? my email adress is dj_kwiatek@wp.pl .regards

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skopje to tirana

I traveled last week from Skopje to Tirana. As I arrived in Skopje at 3.30am from Sofia, I took the first bus to Tirana at 06.00. It arrived at 14.00, half an hour before schedule. The bus ticket has costed me about 17 euro. You can purchase it on the long ticket counter.

There was also another bus company, I think Euro Line, with a bus at 19.00, but as it takes about 8 hours, it has an uncomfortable arrival time.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Skopje to tirana

Just wanted to update the info here for any travellers going from Ohrid to Tirana in Albania.

From Ohrid get a cab to the nearby town of Struga in Macedonia (about 15 mins away) and then from there you can get the bus to Tirana they leave at 9:30am and 12:30pm (as of October 2012).

9. Re: Skopje to tirana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2013, 11:18
Get answers to your questions about Skopje
Recent Conversations