We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wishing to visit Greenland

Maumee
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Wishing to visit Greenland

I have been reading the forum topics on Greenland. Before I get too excited about this, am I starting too late to plan it myself for late June 2013? From reading the forums, it sounds like it would cost less to do it ourselves. I have planned several trips in the past, but I always had more lead time. If it's not too late, then I will have questions, I am sure. Thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
33 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wishing to visit Greenland

Hello

I just planned my trip to Greenland, it took me a while, like 2 months to do it.

You have to decide if you wish to visit, East, South or West Greenland or all of it and how much time you have for this trip.

The internal air fares are not cheap, for a start, You can travel around Greenland either by flight, or boat

and if you read the other forums, there are certain air hubs, so you cant simply fly from here to there as and when you want to. Depends on what level of activity you are interested in, alot of hiking? or photography, cruise, etc.

Anywyay I will be there from June 20 2013 and looking forward to the trip.

I will be flying into Greenland from Copenhagen and flying out from Illulisaat to Reykjavik.

Good luck to your planning, I will be definitely more experienced after this June.

Regards

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wishing to visit Greenland

Savedwater,

I spent one day in South East Greenland and found it a place I just wanted to see again. I've talked with the people I hike with and they are very interested. The only thing I've been able to pull up are very expensive tours. I'm wondering if there is a place I can go to fine local guides. I'm also wondering how your trip was and what your thought are on Greenland, now that you spent time there.

Kind regards,

She

Edited: 15 October 2013, 11:18
3. Re: Wishing to visit Greenland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:16