I would like to combine my trip to Iceland in the beginning of March with a 2-3 week trip to Greenland either before or after that - so late Feb or late March.
Things that would interest me are these (in order):
- Hiking from Kangerlussuaq to Sisimiut along the Artic Circle Trail (165km) with my tent.
- Checking out the Ilulissat Icefjord
- Do some dog sledding
- Do some Kajaking
Now my main questions are:
- Is there no way to get flights to Kangerlussuaq below 500euros?
- How and in which order would you combine the above, should I fly in/out from the same place?
- Is hiking in March actually possible on the Artic Trail? I cant find any trip reports for that time. I dont mind the cold but if its too extreme I need to re think this.
- What are the best spots for Whale watching? Is the Ilulissat Icefjord any good for that?
- The area and time of the year should be optimal to see the northern lights correct?
- What if I would postpone the complete trip to middle/ end of april instead? In terms of flights and the stuff i want to do?
Thanks a lot!