We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

short visit to Greenland

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
661 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
short visit to Greenland

Hello,

i am planning to go to Iceland soon. i thought it might be a good opportunity to visit Greenalnd as well.

as i've never been to this area before, i'll be thankful for some basic information:

how much should be a return flight from Iceland to Greenland? what's to do and see in Greenland?

would 1-2 days be enough to see the main attractions?

is it possible to visit it during mid April?

thank's

Ori

2 replies to this topic
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: short visit to Greenland

The first thing to know is that Greenland is the size of western Europe, but only has 57,000 people. Villages are very spread out, sometimes 100s of miles apart. There are no roads between settlements. If you're only there for two days, go to one place - from Reykjavik City Airport (not Keflavik), Air Iceland fly to both the east and west coast. Check their web site for prices. Greenland is very expensive, by the way, there's no getting away from that.

Ilulissat on the west is the biggest draw because of the Icefjord. Kulusuk and Tasiilaq on the east are closer to Iceland and don't have the draw of the Icefjord, but are spectacular in their own way. All have hotels, but they can be basic for what you pay. Air Iceland can arrange overnight stays.

April is fine, but it's still winter then, so it could be -20C or so, especially on the west, and the weather can play havoc with flight schedules, especially on the east.

Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel...
Level Contributor
661 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: short visit to Greenland

thank's a lot :-)

Reply to: short visit to Greenland
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Nuuk