We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

October for Nuuk

Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,293 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
October for Nuuk

Just a funny question to ask. Would it be fully winter like in Nuuk for Mid October? all snow and -20C temperature at this time here. thinking of a day trip from Iceland

Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: October for Nuuk

I am from Hong Kong and planning to go Nuuk via London for a real experience in Greenland. I am not sure if it is right time go visit in early Oct. anyway, I also would like to know what event to do in Oct too.

1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: October for Nuuk

Hi,

In short no, but when that is said we just had our first snow fall and subzero temperatures. I found a page on where you can get an overview of past climate during th various month. I hope its helpfull 😊

yr.no/place/…statistics.html

switzerland
Level Contributor
64 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: October for Nuuk

I just came home from greenland. nuuk was cold but not snowy. kangerlussuaq had snowed 3days in a row and several cms thick. if you can get a day trip from iceland Nuuk is nice but ilulissat is better! and kangerlussuaq is not worth a day trip. also planes are often delayed with the weather!

if you do go to greenland you must try the traditional food! in nuuk you can have greenlandic tapas in the cultural centre

switzerland
Level Contributor
64 posts
351 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: October for Nuuk

for sammy L, if you haven't got there yet let me know - I have a fab address to stay, not yet on tripadvisor but have just put a review on, maybe posted in a couple of days. also beware of tours not going every day, as low tourist season. I just posted the address of the travel agent who booked my tour before I arrived, a boat tour on a sunday, and I paid the next day in the office. they were really helpful. www.tulipaktravel.gl. Nuuk was nice but I had my best experience in ilulissat, not to be missed

5. Re: October for Nuuk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2017, 01:17
Get answers to your questions about Nuuk
Recent Conversations