We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christians of Bucks Point

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Christians of Bucks Point

We are looking at this accommodation option for a week in winter - Winter rates seem reasonable. Anyone stayed here, or know of this house? Any thoughts? Thanks

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christians of Bucks Point

Hi Sueg0

As no-one else has replied I'll try to give you a couple of pointers.

You probably know that it's on Martin's Road. I haven't stayed there or even looked inside but I do know where it is and have looked at the outside. However, I didn't drive past it on my last couple of trips - the last one being just over a week ago.

Do you realise that it's on the inland side of the road? It's a narrow road and the house is quite close to the road but it's hardly busy so that wouldn't matter.

By the Bay is on the same road on the seaward side with magnificent views. The photos on their website are absolutely accurate and you wouldn't want to suffer from vertigo to stay there!

I'm not sure about the views you'd get from Christians. Looking at their website I don't think any of the views can be from the house or verandah. If views are important then it might pay to ask for some photos.

From the outside it looks an interesting historical home which is probably what is attracting you?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christians of Bucks Point

Thanks very much nzlilibet - happy to get any info, as I couldn't find any reviews of this property.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christians of Bucks Point

Dear Sue,

I have stayed at this property, and I am a travel agent who sells this property. I recently sent a honeymoon couple there and they loved it. There isnt actual views of the coast line from the verandah, but it does have a beautiful outlook. If you walk across the road you can see the coastline as far as the eye can see. The master bedroom is absolutely beautiful, and with a fully equipt kitchen, laundry. It is very spacious, so suitable for small groups of 6 or just a couple. It is very private, and feels like a country style cottage. I would highly reccomend it for the price.

Regards

Leanne

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christians of Bucks Point

Thanks very much Leanne

Brisbane...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Christians of Bucks Point

We stayed 7 nights at Christian’s back in July and we had a fantastic time.

I specifically wanted to stay in a house/cottage not too far away from the main town centre and I couldn't have picked a better place to stay at. The house is really charming and showcases the beautiful Norfolk Island Pines wood, which makes it very cosy. It includes all the mod cons you would expect and it is very spacious as well as private.

I'd certainly stay there again and would have no worries in recommending Christian’s. Plus the manager (Karri) was really friendly and helpful, which made our stay even more enjoyable!

Next time we will stay more than 7 nights.

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,954 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christians of Bucks Point

Hi Kathleen

Welcome to the forum and, indeed, to TripAdvisor as it's your first post.

Glad you enjoyed your time at Christian's. Hopefully you'll post a trip report or reviews of restaurants and places you visited which could also be of assistance to future visitors.

7. Re: Christians of Bucks Point

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:17