We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pvd to ack

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
422 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
Pvd to ack

Good afternoon. I’m looking at a vacation last week in May 2019. With my wife and our 3yo son. We live in Charleston. How do I get from PVD to Hyannis with our 3yo? Renting a car at PVD then leaving it at Hyannis for 7 nights seems like a waste. Especially if I need to rent a car on ACK. Taking the rental car over to ACK is an option but expensive and time constraining. Are my options Peter Pan bus? Maybe an Uber but that would be $$$. Flying direct to ACK is $$$ too. Thank you.

24 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,401 posts
168 reviews
69 helpful votes
21. Re: Pvd to ack

Right now, Jet Blue is only showing fares until April 30 and Southwest only to March 6. Usually, you can get good deals on them when they start selling for a particular time frame. Also, you can set up fare alerts on sites like Kayak and Google Flights for other airlines. I would resist buying anything before 6 months out at the earliest unless you come across something fantastic.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
5,956 posts
133 reviews
209 helpful votes
22. Re: Pvd to ack

Jet Blue is the largest carrier operating out of Boston, it also has agreements with Cape Air which goes to ACK.If you can;t see their schedules yet you shouldn't be buying.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
690 posts
69 reviews
37 helpful votes
23. Re: Pvd to ack

I think you can probably fly at a reasonable price, or with points, on Delta from Charleston to New York City (JFK), and then direct on Jet Blue/Cape Air from JFK to Nantucket. (Not sure what other airlines, if any, have direct flights from JFK to ACK, but you could check.)

You might ask in the New York City forum (since it's busier) about what a good price would be and when to start looking.

When we fly from DCA to Nantucket in August, I usually find a good price in the winter so I start checking in December (sometimes a good fare pops up in the spring, but we've already bought our tickets by then).

Boston
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
3 helpful votes
24. Re: Pvd to ack

Why not fly into Boston? From there you can take a bus from the airport to the Hyannis transportation Center near either of the ferries. Providence is less convenient than the Boston airport in my opinion because its so much smaller.

Reply to: Pvd to ack
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted