We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rentals and is t necessary

2 posts
1 review
Car Rentals and is t necessary

I am coming to Nantucket on September 7 by High speed Ferry from Hyannis and once I arrive are there car rental agency's in the dock area? The house I am staying at is on Old Tom Nevers Road.

Thank you

Richard

3 replies to this topic
Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,386 posts
168 reviews
1. Re: Car Rentals and is t necessary

There are 2 car rental places within walking distance from the ferry, Affordable & Young's Bicycle Shop (despite the name, they rent cars too) You don't say what time you are arriving but it appears Affordable closes at 5 pm & Young's at 6:30. Not, it is not absolutely necessary to rent a car as there are taxis and the NRT Wave bus system but you are far enough out of town that I would suggest it. You'll get to experience a lot more of the island and if you need groceries, etc it is easier and probably more cost-effective with a car.

2 posts
1 review
2. Re: Car Rentals and is t necessary

Thank you very much for the information

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
635 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Car Rentals and is t necessary

The airport also has several car rental places; if you decide to rent from one of them (we found a large difference in prices the one year that we rented a car), you can get a cab from the ferry to the airport.

Reply to: Car Rentals and is t necessary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted