We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking Nantucket advice for next summer

Which Nantucket hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,607 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking Nantucket advice for next summer

Hi all,

We had a wonderful week-long vacation in Eastham on the Cape this year. For next year I was thinking about renting a house on Nantucket.

I have read numerous threads on here about places to stay, but would appreciate your input.

Our preferences:

1. Would like a rental home with an ocean view and easy beach access. Crashing waves preferred.

2. Quiet (not in town) is also preferred. I am thinking it may just be my husband and myself going or us and our 2 grown kids. I'll probably want a 2 or 3 bedroom home with a good kitchen for cooking. I plan to spend some of my time writing.

We plan on bringing our car over. No pets, no smoking.

Thanks!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
702 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking Nantucket advice for next summer

I would check with The Maury People on Main Street; they handle many of the island's rentals. If you just want to explore options, their website has a good, searchable list of rental properties, including price & availability info. (Some parts of their website only work in Internet Explorer.)

Nantucket does not have quite as many properties that are directly on the ocean, as you might find in some other areas, but there are some available, along with many that have ocean views. 'Sconset, Tom Nevers, and Surfside are areas that come to mind as being out-of-town and near beaches with strong surf.

2. Re: Seeking Nantucket advice for next summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2010, 13:17