We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Travel Advice for Nanttucket next summer

newport beach
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need Travel Advice for Nanttucket next summer

I am planning a trip with my family to Nantucket next summer. I am not sure what part of the island we want to stay. I would like to avoid renting a car. We would like to be able to ride bikes to town and the beach. In the past I have stayed in town as well as Brant Point, If we do stay in another part of the island I would prefer that it is an area that is not remote. We need access to a general store, coffee shop/cafe. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need Travel Advice for Nanttucket next summer

I might be missing the point of what you are asking, but it sounds like staying in Town again (or nearby in Brant Point) would still be your best bet, since it meets your criteria of having services nearby and being able to walk/bike everywhere.

The only other areas I can think of that would be suitable are 'Sconset (which has a general store and is right near the beach) or the Mid-Island area near the rotary, which has plenty of services nearby (Downyflake diner, Stop & Shop supermarket, several bars and restaurants, etc.) and is an easy bike ride into Town going one way and to Surfside beach going the other.

If you have school-age kids, I'd lean toward a Town location, because there will be so much for them to explore independently on foot, and you will be close by to the kid-friendly beaches like Jetties.

2. Re: Need Travel Advice for Nanttucket next summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2010, 06:21