We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning first trip to Nantucket

Which Nantucket hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Topsfield...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need help planning first trip to Nantucket

My husband and I are looking to book a long weekend (4 or 5 days) in Nantucket to celebrate our 10th anniversary this August. Would like a hotel/inn that offers a water view, pool, and that is close to downtown. We would like to relax at the hotel or beach, but would also like to check out the local establishments for dinner/drinks/shopping. I have heard that Sconset is nice, any suggestions in that area. Also looking into the white elephant and the Wauwinet, but also open to smaller inns, etc.. Thanks in advance!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
703 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning first trip to Nantucket

Most of the smaller inns are in town and will not have a water view or pool, but they might give you more of a sense of Nantucket's history. So you'd have to weigh the charm/history factor vs. these amenities.

In addition to the two hotels that you listed, another place that comes to mind as having a pool and water view (and its own stretch of beach) is the Cliffside Beach Club. It is near Jetties Beach, about a 20-minute walk into the center of town.

2. Re: Need help planning first trip to Nantucket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2012, 10:45