We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds in August

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Crowds in August

My husband and I are visiting Nantucket for the first time this August, from the 6th-10th, and are very excited! We'll be staying in town at the Century house, no car, plan to rent bikes. We've gotten so many opinions from others about the crowds being really overwhelming in early August, so I'm hoping for some tips, tricks, and advice to enjoy our stay despite the crowds! And really, how crowded is it?! Thanks!

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowds in August

crowds??? no - it's too expensive for that, don;t worry

Boston...
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowds in August

@ Cambridgetravler I wish that were true! "Crowds" is relative I of course don't mean Cape or City level crowds, just how to best deal with the most popular week on a Nantucket! Thanks for your Input!

Cambridge...
Level Contributor
3,315 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowds in August

My main advice would be that you need reservations for dinner every night. Traffic in town is always a feature of summer but with bikes you're fine. Much of the beaching, dining and entertaining on Nantucket is done privately, you really won't feel it is crowded except for the traffic in town (and at the airport).

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
431 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowds in August

Don't worry, you won't feel crowded. If you plan to eat out though, reservations are a good idea.

5. Re: Crowds in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 05:18