We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun bed rental on the beach?

Which Nantucket hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nantucket...
Level Contributor
1 post
23 reviews
Save Topic
Sun bed rental on the beach?

Hi, maybe a random question... but is there any sun bed rental possibility at any of the beaches on Nantucket. I can't find anything online. I have been on Nantucket before and I have never seen anything like that, but I haven't been on all the beaches yet (mostly on the more remote beaches...). Thanks!

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
6,174 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun bed rental on the beach?

Sunbed rentals are very uncommon on public beaches in the US northeast, in my experience. People generally bring their own beach chairs or towels. If you are staying at a nearby hotel, they may have some beach chairs to lend to guests. I would call and ask.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 15:55
Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,345 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun bed rental on the beach?

The only place I can think of is the Cliffside Beach Club and Hotel.....it's only available to members and guests of the hotel though. I know you can rent beach chairs at various places but nothing like resort "beach beds"

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
22,476 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun bed rental on the beach?

I never heard of a "sun bed" before I saw your post. I know on the Cape there are companies that rent beach chairs and other supplies. Try searching for "beach chair" or "beach supplies" rather than "sun bed".

buffalo NY
Level Contributor
82 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun bed rental on the beach?

According to its web site, you can rent beach chairs from the beach store at Jetties Beach, a large, public beach very close to the center of town.

http://thejetties.com/nantucket-beach-shop/

5. Re: Sun bed rental on the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2015, 06:17