We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help -where to stay

Level Contributor
885 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
help -where to stay

we are travelling in august and we are looking to stay in a really good hotel for a couple of nights- can anyone recommend any? I have been lookingo on this website and on the internet and nothing stands out..

i am thinking of changing to stay in nantucket as there seems to be better accommodation there

can anyone help -

Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help -where to stay

I'm sorry no one has replied yet. I usually rent a house when I go there, so I'm not as familiar with the hotels, although I have stayed in a simple (cheap) one in Edgartown. Not what you're looking for. I thought there were some luxury places on M.V., and I know there is a very luxurious one in Edgartown. It might be Relais et Chateaux, or whatever? Charlotte Inn, perhaps? There is a very nice place also in Vineyard Haven, but just know that Vineyard Haven is a "dry" town. It's possible there are more luxury hotels in total on Nantucket than on M.V., although I am not sure.

Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: help -where to stay

It sounds as though you are looking for a more upscale place to stay? If so, then Nantucket would be the better option of the two islands.

Look into The White Elephant or The Wauwinet on Nantucket. I'm sure you will love both places as well as the island itself. Your only problem may be finding vacancy for just a couple of nights in August. Maybe it's possible to extend your stay?

Mendham, New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: help -where to stay

The Charlotte in is very high-end and great location if you don't have a car. One my favorites is theLambert Cove Inn in Tisbury, but you need a car to get to any of the island towns. The main buiding at the Harbor View in Edgartown is also nice. But you won't want to stay in the hotel or condos in the back. I've never stayed there, but I've heard great things about the Hob Knob in in Edgartown. MV and Nantucket are very different island. There is more to do on MV (3 major towns) and it is very casual, family and dog friendly. It all depends what you are looking for.

4. Re: help -where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2010, 05:16
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now