We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

loved it as usual! this was our 4th trip to the vineyard. we have been in june and twice in september - all three times previously we have had cloudy, gray and rainy weather. not this past weekend! gorgeous! lovely! perfect! sunny!

we stayed at tivoli inn and will definitely return! lisa is a great inn owner! very friendly and sweet. the room was spotless, bed was comfy. we liked the quietness of the inn also. previously we have stayed at OBI and Capricorn house. bathroom is very clean also. nice walk into town.

we arrived thurs early evening. checked in. went to park corner bistro for some wine, apps and dinner. wonderful as always! great server too. food was yum! love those fried pickles. so good and salty!

friday morning...had some mocha motts - how can one start the day on MV without it??? tooled around the island all day long and it was gorgeous! picturesque to say the least! spent a few hours in Edgartown. shopped, had some beer and wonderful mussels at the seafood shanty. what a gorgous spot! great server there too! then we went to larsens for the most beautiful sunset i have ever seen! had WONDERFULLY yummy lobster and some steamed cherrystones. yum! eneded the day w/ some more wine at the oyster bar.

saturday...mocha motts...again....aquinnah...breathtaking! some shopping in aquinnah and some really really good chosder at Faith's. watched the boats down in downtown OB at lobsterville and coopdeville. very fun! then some apps, and wine at oyster bar.

all in all, it was a successful mission! lots of fun, sun, shopping and great food! met some wonderful people also. the vineyard is a special place. it has such a nice feel to it. so relaxing. very enjoyable.

we also went to lobsterville beach to look for seaglass...did not find any, but, what a view! sure i missed a few things, but, we had a fab time and look forward to our next visit!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

Hi, laob!

Sounds like another fantastic time on the Vineyard! Happy to hear you two had a great time, and had beautiful weather for your visit. I know how much you two love MV, so I know you guys will be heading back again next year.

Thanks for the writeup, and see ya around the forum.

Will

Boston
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

I enjoyed your report. So glad you finally got those magic sunny days, but I am impressed you hung in there until now!!! I take it that Tivoli is in Oak Bluffs?

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

how could one not hang in there for good weather in MV? it is a truly magical place rain or shine!!!

and, yes, Tivoli Inn is in OB....

and, yes, we will be back to the vineayrd again next year!! maybe for a week or two in the summer w/ the kiddos and then again in the fall just the two of us...

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
904 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

This is what tripadvisor is all about; asking for advice in the forums and then giving back by submitting reviews. I use this site a lot when traveling and really appreciate people like you laob!

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

well, thanks Knows!

i use TA for the same reason. i post true reviews and hope that others do the same.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

HI,

We are considering MV in July. It will be a first for us. I need advice on the best places to stay. We are very adventurous- don't need luxury but love it!

Any ideas for first timers? Also, is Boston the nearest airport?

Thanks!

Spa Girl Dallas

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,766 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

Might be better if you submit a new post rather than tack your questions on to someone else's post. Probably get more answers that way.

Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

spa girl, do start yiour own post. you will get lots of advice and answers. best places to stay is a loaded question though. everyone has their own opinions and tastes.

we have flow to boston, taken the bus and ferry and have also flown directly into MV. just depends.

good luck on your search and enjoy your time on the vineyard!

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

Hey, loab. Question for you.

I know you and the hubby love the Vineyard, and I hope you guys have many more special trips there. But, have you ever considered going to say, Nantucket, or Block Island, Rhode Island? Have you two ever discussed maybe checking out a new island, or is it always, "soooo looking forward to out next trip to MV?"

I'm not trying to steer you away from MV, because MV is a great place, and you guys love it there. I'm just curious if you ever consider somewhere else.

Edited: 09 April 2011, 01:00
Cleveland, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,429 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: my 4th MV trip review....one word...FABULOUS

yep, we have considered and talked about nantucket. just havent done it yet! sure we will though