We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Martha's Vineyard from Nantucket in August

New York
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Martha's Vineyard from Nantucket in August

Hello, my friends and I will be in Nantucket Aug. 4-7 for a party. On that Friday, we'd like to visit Martha's Vineyard. What ferry do we take? Can we do a morning ferry to Martha's Vineyard and return on the afternoon ferry? What key words do I look for? I was searching for ferry schedules and it's not at all clear.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
10,059 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Martha's Vineyard from Nantucket in August

Hy LIne says that the schedule does not allow for a day trip. Quite clear actually. Can't see any possibility of a day trip but perhaps others can help. You can fly however.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
6,211 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Martha's Vineyard from Nantucket in August

The only way you can do it is to fly. Check Cape Air for schedule & fares.

New York
Level Contributor
39 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Martha's Vineyard from Nantucket in August

I was hoping there was something that I missed while I was looking through the ferries. It's disappointing. So near yet so far.

4. Re: Day trip to Martha's Vineyard from Nantucket in August

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 17:19