We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap places to stay sept.12-16 2011

Clarksville...
6 posts
Save Topic
cheap places to stay sept.12-16 2011

Looking for a affordable place to stay on Marthas vineyard. This is our first time there and my girlfriend and I are trying to travel on the cheap. What would you advise? thanks

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
895 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap places to stay sept.12-16 2011

Budget accommodations can be found, and the time you're traveling is right at the end of the high season. Here are some suggestions:

Madison Inn

Capricorn House

Lightkeepers Inn

Clarion Hotel

Mansion House

These places are all in different towns with very different styles of lodging included. Any specific needs, requests or activities you want to be near?

Clarksville...
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap places to stay sept.12-16 2011

We are a mid-fiftys couple, looking for more of the natural beauty of the island more than the touristy stuff. on a limited budget but would like to make the most of things to do that are " must-sees " . What would the least populated, most beautiful area for old folks. Thanks so much.

Bonaire
Level Contributor
5,944 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap places to stay sept.12-16 2011

contact the chamber of commerce and email a bunch of b and bs..not sure what cheap is to your wallet. I have stayed at numerous b and bs..nothing worth mentioning. Was at the Clarion in May..it was perfect for our needs: on the bus stop, walk to E' Town and Sharkeys...

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
Level Contributor
895 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap places to stay sept.12-16 2011

Least populated areas on the island are West Tisbury, Chilmark, and Aquinnah. None of the accommodations I mentioned above are located in these towns. If you're not bringing a car, the bus does run over the entire island, though with less frequency, later in the season.

5. Re: cheap places to stay sept.12-16 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 19:17