We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Antigua

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Villa Antigua

I found only two messages about this hotel in Antigua and they are quite old. Is anyone was there recently? We'll be there May 17-May 24 (for some reason I thought the rainy season starts in June)but hope that it still will be a lot of fun. Is anyone used their local tour agencies to go to different places? If yes, which one would you suggest? And what is better - to arrange all the tours from the States or do it over there. I'll be grateful for all the information.

Thanks.

Elkton, Maryland
Level Contributor
209 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Antigua

I don't know anything about the hotel, so I am guessing it is expensive, but there are tour agencies all over the place in tourist Antigua. If for some reason you want to add another layer of expenses, go ahead and book from the US.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
17 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Antigua

Hi

We stayed two weeks in Villa Antigua in January of this year. We had one of the one bedroom suites with kitchen. It was a very comfortable and well equiped room. On the weekend it can be a bit noisy as the wealthy Guatemalan crowd arrives. Lots of excercise music and kids events if they are doing a time share promo weekend. We didn't eat at the hotel but heard it was so so and expensive. Pools were good and tennis was available. The hotel is done in a modern hispanic style which is somewhat sterile compared to the older hotels such as the Panza Verde or some of the others. Staff was very helpful. Only trouble we had was we asked about there shuttle from the airport which runs on a schedule according to the desk but we didn't see it and because we hadn't booked it specifically we didn't use it. This caused some consternation as they made the girl that had talked with us pay when we refused. Nasty thing to do. Ended up we covered her loses. Hope this helps.

3. Re: Villa Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 22:18