We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nightlife in Antigua

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Nightlife in Antigua

Can anyone recommend any bars or clubs (if there are any?) in Antigua for a couple of travellers in their mid 20´s? We get there in a few weeks and would appreciate a heads-up on any decent places if anyone knows any!

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nightlife in Antigua

I think monolocos is the favorite hang out for the english speaking community in Antigua. But you can find several places including a couple of pubs and places where they play salsa music.Good luck.

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nightlife in Antigua

MonoLoco is a good place!!

Phoenix, AZ
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nightlife in Antigua

Check out Riki's on 4th ave between 2nd and 3rd street (very close to the central park). Also, there's a great Cuban restaurant (can't remember the name) on 4th Street between 3rd and 4th Avenue. They have a great live band on the weekends (maybe Thursday too) playing salsa music. There's a 2 drink minimum, though.

One of my favorite places to hang out there is Gaia, a middle eastern restaurant/hookah bar on 5th Avenue (Calle Del Arco) near 2nd street. It's the street with the big arch, and Gaia is almost all the way down, just before you get to the red church called La Merced. The food at Gaia is GREAT, and the ambiance is fun.

Finally, there's an irish pub (can't remember the name) very close to Gaia - just a little farther up the street closer to the park.

Have a great time. Antigua is one of my favorite places in the world. can't wait to go again (my 6th time) in December for New Year's Eve!

Boston...
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nightlife in Antigua

Have a drink at Cafe No Se (can't remember the direct address, but it's right across the street from El Hostal). They make their own mescal and it is AMAZING! The anejo is 50Q (about US $7) but well worth it.

Have fun, guate rocks.

Jenn

5. Re: Nightlife in Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 20:17