We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigua hotel with pool suggestion

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
Antigua hotel with pool suggestion

I am taking my family to Guatemala in late August and we expect to be in Antigua for 3-4 nights. I really want to find a hotel, centrally located, that has a pool for my kids. I'm not prepared to pay for the super expensive hotels. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antigua hotel with pool suggestion

Depends on what you consider "super-expensive," but I don't think there's any place that meets those criteria in Antigua.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
195 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antigua hotel with pool suggestion

Sorry for being vague. There are a couple of places that charge over $200 per night. Definitely not those. I am prepared to pay up to $100 per room per night.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,862 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antigua hotel with pool suggestion

I know kid equate vacations with pools, but if you want to be within three or so blocks of the park, I don't think there is anything. You're more likely to find swimming, either in pools or the lakes, around Atitlan and Rio Dulce.

You may want to post this on the Thorntree forum and see if anyone there has recommendations.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
678 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antigua hotel with pool suggestion

Casa Santo Domingo (6 blocks from park): $130-250 a night.

We stayed at CSD; pool is very nice; hotel feels like backdrop of a wedding photo studio, where big wedding parties often overwhelm the otherwise nice atmosphere.

Quinta de las Flores: (7 (long) blocks from park): $100 a night

There are others, take a look under the hotels section of this forum.

Ct
Level Contributor
97 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Antigua hotel with pool suggestion

Another vote for Quinta de las Flores -- especially garden rooms for $95...nice pool, playground, plenty of room to relax. Very nice staff -- and reasonable food. Yes it is a walk to the square -- but worth the effort for quiet, spacious accomodations. Plus the walk is never boring -- stand on any corner and something interesting will pass by!

6. Re: Antigua hotel with pool suggestion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 10:20