We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport travel:What should i do?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Airport travel:What should i do?

My hostel quoted me $40 for shuttle pickup. $40 seems expensive especially since i read one could find transportation for only $10. Do you think I should grab a taxi or van @ the airport instead?

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport travel:What should i do?

That's going to depend on your arrival time. Good luck.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport travel:What should i do?

I will arrive in Guatemala city at 2:20pm

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport travel:What should i do?

At that time, there should be plenty of shuttles waiting to recruit passengers.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport travel:What should i do?

How much is the typical cost for a shared shuttle 2 antigua?

USA
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport travel:What should i do?

$10 is about right. last time I flew in there were two of us waiting at the shuttle. The driver couldn't find any others and offered to take us then and there for $12 each which was good for no further wait. You use the word hostel. Possible issue. Where are you staying?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport travel:What should i do?

Hostel 5...thanks. R u an American expat? ...My friend is worried about the recent violent attacks on buses but I told her dont worry, what's your take...the only other Latin American place I've been to is Peru and mexico

7. Re: Airport travel:What should i do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 September 2010, 14:27
Antigua, Guatemala
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport travel:What should i do?

GTBob is correct. Once you get out of Guatemala City there is very little possibility of serious criminal activity effecting you as a tourist. In the Capitol all bets are off, even the military has not been able to make the locals secure there. With the buses outside Guatemala city and its suburbs there is little to worry about except the drivers.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
46 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport travel:What should i do?

Gtbob: thanx 4 the hostel remarks...my friend received her info from the Guatemalan state dept site...btw your personal remarks were kinda outa line given; for a white gringo, she a very open-minded traveler :p

10. Re: Airport travel:What should i do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2011, 07:16