We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigua Hotels - Encantada vs Casa Florencia

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Antigua Hotels - Encantada vs Casa Florencia

Hi,

I am looking to spend 4 nights in Antigua - I need to decide where to stay, either at Casa Encantada which has excellent reviews - the room is however a small room for $66 per night but the grounds and the rest of the hotel seem excellent. Or there is Casa Florencia which has good reviews too for $45 per night. Has anyone been to both and can make a recommendation? I need to confirm very soon!

Many thanks,

Nina

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
728 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antigua Hotels - Encantada vs Casa Florencia

Casa Encantada is a very pretty and well-run property, but the smallest and least costly room has minimal ventilation and is not especially attractive. Suggest you check to be sure that you are not getting that one. The other rooms are fine, and they usaully cost a lot more.

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antigua Hotels - Encantada vs Casa Florencia

I stayed briefly at Casa Florencia and found it fine but nothing special. Those pics on the reviews that show the long corridors and long balcony are showing the entire grounds of the hotel. There is one small seating area where they serve breakfast on the weekends, but it's in the dark shadows of the first floor. The front dest staff is really very nice there, but for ambiance and comfort over several days, I'd say no. No bar, no terrace, small plain bathrooms, no gardens.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
18 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antigua Hotels - Encantada vs Casa Florencia

My daughter and I stayed in one of the basic rooms in Casa Encantada. We thought it was lovely. The hotel is quiet, the staff is wonderful, and the breakfast is fabulous! We even had one of the rooms that looks out on the street, and didn't mind at all. The traffic noise is there during the day, but we were out of the room mostly during the daytime. It was very quiet and comfortable at night. Very nice location.

4. Re: Antigua Hotels - Encantada vs Casa Florencia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 16:17