We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport to airport

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
transport to airport

hi wondered if anybody can help or give advise about getting to guatemala.airport from antigua.we have a 7.30 morning flight. Do shuttle buses run at 4.00 in the morning or would it be best to get taxi thanks for any feed back

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,859 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport to airport

I'd arrange a shuttle with a reliable agency. The share shuttles are scary because they agree to pick up everyone at their hotel so you don't really know when they'll be by for you - might be an hour after the assigned time and occasionally they don't show. Here are 2 agencies I've had good success with (or talk to your hotel about who they'd recommend). Happy trails!

www.adrenalinatours.com

www.rainbowtravelcenter.com

Winnipeg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
7,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport to airport

We were in exactly this position yesterday. There are shuttles that do a 4 AM run. On previous trips years ago I did that with no problems.

However we chose to have our hotel arrange for a driver for us. it was a bit more expensive than the shared shuttle - we paid $35 for the two of us. We asked for the driver to come at 4.15 and he was there a few minutes earlier. There was little traffic so we were at the airport before 5 AM.

We figured most hotels would work with people they felt were reliable..

raquel

Nuneaton, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transport to airport

Cheers for replies both great imformation

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport to airport

I've been using STA for about 10 years. Very reliable. I've never had a problem. http://www.transportguatemala.com/index.htm

5. Re: transport to airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 03:16