We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in San Pedro La Laguna and Antigua similar in June?

Which Antigua hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
80 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in San Pedro La Laguna and Antigua similar in June?

Towns sound far apart so not sure how reliable the weather reports I'm seeing are. I see that heavy rains are predicted in the area for this season but I was wondering what temps to expect in each town - 60s in night and mid 80s in day? Is humidity high?

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,849 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in San Pedro La Laguna and Antigua similar in June?

The lake is about 300 meters higher (~1800 compared to ~1500) but the weather has been similar in my experience. I've made 8 or 9 summer visits and it's been mostly in the 70s during the day and to the low 60s at night. Some trips it has hardly rained at all but others it has rained frequently in the afternoons or evenings; mornings are usually gorgeous. Humidity hasn't been a problem for us - it's not muggy like the low lying areas. I'll be heading back in July - can't wait!!

Alabama
Level Contributor
758 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in San Pedro La Laguna and Antigua similar in June?

I was just there 2 weeks ago and the temperatures you stated would be correct. Also, expect large downpours at times and the humidity was pretty bad in the afternoon. Good luck!

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,714 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in San Pedro La Laguna and Antigua similar in June?

My experience over the years is that the weather is pretty much the same in Antigua as around the lake.

4. Re: Weather in San Pedro La Laguna and Antigua similar in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2012, 05:17