We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Juan Comalapa - info needed

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
San Juan Comalapa - info needed

Traveling to Comalapa in late May and looking for some insight on the small town, community, artists, things to do, etc. Also looking for lodging, but not having much luck on-line. I understand the town has a wonderful collection of murals and several prolific and accomplish artists (mostly painters). Any personal stories or hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks In advance!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,013 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Juan Comalapa - info needed

Regarding lodging, I've seen mention of a small place, Hotel Comolapa Sol, but have no experience with it and don't see a website for the place. You can get to San Juan Comolapa relatively quickly from Tecpan, which has some decent places to stay, and Comolapa also is not too far for a day trip from Antigua. So, if you are thinking of staying for an extended period, you could travel to Comolapa for the day and check out whatever lodging may be available or perhaps arrange to stay with a family. If you send me a pm, I can ask for a suggestion from a close friend who's from there and still has family nearby.

2. Re: San Juan Comalapa - info needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 19:49
Get answers to your questions about Antigua
Recent Conversations