We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to get a visa?

Guatemala
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
how to get a visa?

hello! I want to visit guatemala and I'm coming from the Philippines.I've been searching the net whether I need a visa to get there.If I do need it, How and where can I do it, there is no Guatemala embassy here in my country?thanks!

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how to get a visa?

Hi there: Unfortunately, you're right. If you're travelling with a phillipines passport you do have to have a visa to enter guatemala. Even though there is web page that says that the phillipines falls in a category B, which means that you can travel with a visa OR tourist card. I was told at the Houston consulate (713)953-9531,that, that is the wrong information. And since there is no guatemalan embassy nor consulate in your country, you are going to have to get your visa at the nearest consulate from your travel route, perhaps San Francisco.Also, for your information there is a company here in the US called Visa Headquarter www.visahq.com they especialize in processing visas for travel to foreign countries. Send them an e-mail: anthony@visahq.com (202) 558-2216 (800)345-6541. Good luck

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how to get a visa?

http://www.guatemalaweb.com/1/visas.htm

According to this website you buy a tourist card for $10.00 when you arrive at Guatemala..right before you go through customs. (if you dont have a Visa). Only valid for a few countries and Philippines is one of them. Check with the airline to confirm.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how to get a visa?

www.guatemalaweb.com is exactly the web page that I was referring to.And just to be on the safe side I went ahead and called the guatemalan consulate in houston and the vice-consul herself told me as I said before that, a visa is required for some one travelling with a passport from the philippines. I couldn't get through at the consulate in Miami. I wouldn't take any chances if that was me.

Guatemala
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how to get a visa?

thank you very much to your replies.with the infos, you gave me...i was able to find out that there is a consulate of guatemala here in my country.Now, I know the process i should take.Its true that i need a visa and I can send my application to the Embassy of Guatemala in Japan (it covers other asian countries too) through mail.Thank you very much to those who replied to my question.Muchas Gracias Amigos!