We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antigua hotels-trying to choose between 4

Ohio
Level Contributor
321 posts
365 reviews
Save Topic
Antigua hotels-trying to choose between 4

We will be in Antigua in June. We are between 4 hotels; The Camino Real, Hotel La Catedral , Porada del Angel and Hotel Cirilo. We want it to be centrally located. From reading the TA reviews, these are all great hotels, does anyone who has stayed at these hotels have any personal opinions?

Save Reply
1. Re: Antigua hotels-trying to choose between 4

I stayed at the Camino Real in February of 2012. A gorgeous hotel, almost like you are staying in a museum. It is close enough to the center of town so you can walk, but far enough away that is quiet. Rooms are gorgeous and you need a room key to enter the section of the hotel where they are located. If you are renting a car, there is plenty of parking. I would stay here again!

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
14 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antigua hotels-trying to choose between 4

I walked into Camino Real today-verynice....well done but very new. A little hike from central parque....10-15 min but its fine.

Hotel Cahtedral older better location . Know of the otehrs per TA but havent seen them yet. Am st Casa Santo Domingo- totally worth the splurge...ALso look at meson de la maria....adorable

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
171 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antigua hotels-trying to choose between 4

I stayed at Hotel La Caredral in November and was very pleased. The location was fabulous, the rooms were quite nice, the breakfast was very good and substantial and the staff was delightful. Enjoy your trip!

Central America
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antigua hotels-trying to choose between 4

Agree, Casa Santo Domingo is certainly worth the splurge. Even if you don't stay there then at least go for a meal or a cocktail.

Oregon Usa
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Antigua hotels-trying to choose between 4

We will be in Antigua for 4 days in Feb. I asked our hotel if they arrange airport transport and they said that they could for $45. That sounds outrageous. Have the prices gone way up or are they trying to take advantage of people who may not know of the going prices? Will we tick them off now by opting not to use their services? We arrive before noon into Guat City.

Thanks for input.

Boogz

6. Re: Antigua hotels-trying to choose between 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 07:15