We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolate

Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Chocolate

While there are many posts/discussions on Guatemalan coffee, rum, and traditional clothing, there seems to be a dearth of information on chocolate. Chocolate's main ingredient, cacao, is an ancient Mayan delicacy and while in Guatemala one should definitely experience the Guatemalan chocolate of today. A chocolate that is exceptional is made by IXCACAO. It is handmade in Guatemala and is available in many of the shops around Antigua. It's a local product that goes really well with a nice cup of freshly brewed Guatemala coffee.

Mentioned in this post
Guatemala
Guatemala
Central America
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,844 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolate

If you're interested in chocolate, check out the link below, too. We had a fabulous afternoon there, learning about chocolate, sampling all sorts, and learning to make our own from scratch:

www.chocomuseo.com

Lake Atitlan
Destination Expert
for Lake Atitlan
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolate

Both great options. Chocolate Bob is the maker of Ixcacao, and my "daily chocolate" fix. I also LOVE the ChocoMuseo and stop in there each time I am in Antigua. In Panajachel, Dina's Chocolates is the place to go. Dina has been quietly making excellent chocolate for years.

3. Re: Chocolate

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 05:18