We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live music in Antigua

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
172 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Live music in Antigua

Hi. I've read the reviews of Las Palmas where folks recommend it as a nice place to hear live music in Antigua. I wanted to get some confirmation on that. We will be visiting in July. Also, what other venues offer comfortable places to have a drink and listen to live artists? Thanks.

Bethesda, MD
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live music in Antigua

I've been at Las Palmas when there was live music, but I don't know if it's a regularly scheduled thing or not. Same goes for Rainbow Cafe.

Port Richey, Florida
Level Contributor
2,546 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live music in Antigua

I'm looking at an old copy of www.revuemag.com and it shows La Peña de Sol Latino and Cafe No Se as bar restaurants with live music. And from what I've read Restaurant Cafe Flor at 4a avenida Sur #1 is also a place where the owner entertains plying the piano with his wife singing.

Panajachel...
Level Contributor
727 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live music in Antigua

No Se is an excellent place for live music. Panza Verde is also good. Ocelot is another one. Perhaps the best sounds in town are by Nelson Lundig - brilliant New Orleans style piano and singing. He plays at all three places. Circus Bar has good stuff too.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live music in Antigua

The Rainbow Cafe has great live music on Sundays ... highly recommend grabbing a beer and chillin there.

La Libertad, El...
Level Contributor
207 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live music in Antigua

Café No Sé is my favorite.

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Live music in Antigua

Grab a copy of Revue magazine. It is free and distributed all over in tourist locations. It will have the latest lists. For music I like the Rainbow. But walk around the plaza and up fifth and you will hear lots of music. Friday and Saturday are the busiest since that is when the Guates come to town.

7. Re: Live music in Antigua

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2014, 06:21